Data-Informed Decision Making
This interactive professional learning event focused on developing, implementing, and sustaining a data-informed decision-making process in order to strengthen the effectiveness of Tier 1 instruction for behavior, academics, and mental wellness. Anchored to the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI 1.12 – 1.15), this event is intended for school-based leadership teams and the division team members who support them.
Who should attend?
School Teams that have attended New Team Training along with members from the Division-level teams who support implementation. (at least one administrator, teacher, and someone who serves as the data person for the team).
- Recognize the critical elements of an integrated and aligned data system that allows "real time" access to data necessary for decision making.
- Analyze current systems for data collection and identify the opportunites for enhancing the school-wide system for aggregating data to inform instructional decisions.
- Understand the importance of analyzing fidelity, root causes, and outcome data to evaluate implementation progress.
- Select routines for examining these data to inform practices that result in equitable outcomes for ALL students.
- Reflect on current data informed decision making process in order to identify successes and opportunities for a more effcient and effective system for continuous improvement that is utilized division wide.
Zoom Link (for all three sessions)
- Working Smarter Not Harder (fillable) (pdf version)
Working Smarter Not Harder (Word version)
- Selection of Evidence Based Practices
- Data Informed Decision Making Tools
- Steps to Using Excel Sheet to Calculate Risk Ratio (pdf version)
Steps to Using Excel Sheet to Calculate Risk Ratio (Word version)
- Solutions (pdf version)
Solutions (word version)
- School Quality Profile Directions (pdf version)
School Quality Profile Directions (word version)
- DIDM Action Planner (pdf version)
DIDM Action Planner (word version)
- Updated Risk Ratio (pdf version)
Updated Risk Ratio (excel version)
Note: Documents on this page are WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant, with a few exceptions. When structure or content makes compliance difficult, we offer an additional, less robust version. Any document marked with an asterisk is visual in nature and cannot be converted to an accessibility-compliant layout. For assistance in using these documents, please contact your VTSS System Coach(es) or the webmaster.