Virginia Tiered Systems of Supports (VTSS) is a data-informed decision-making framework for establishing the social culture and academic and behavioral supports needed for the school to be an effective learning environment (for academics, behavior and social-emotional wellbeing) for all students.
Research and Implementation Center
Our Research and Implementation Center provides VTSS services to school divisions and develops state-level implementation supports.
Essentials elements of the VTSS framework are:
- Aligned organizational structure
- Data-informed decision-making
- Evidence-based practices
- Family, school and community partnerships
- Monitoring student progress
- Evaluation of outcomes and fidelity
Tiered Systems of Supports
We support divisions in establishing a framework of supports and evidenced-based practices with increasing levels of intensity. Divisions determine appropriate supports based on need/fit/culture.
For more information about implementing tiered systems of supports, contact Michael Gregory, VTSS Coordinator, at email@example.com or (804) 225-4543.
In the news
Here’s what local news sources are saying about our work:
- Fort Chiswell Middle program promotes positive behavior (SWVa Today)
- Schools Recognized by State Dept of Education (The Progress-Index)