VTSS builds sustainable multi-tiered systems of supports through collaboration with divisions, schools, families, communities, and students that results in equitable and improved academic, behavioral, and social emotional outcomes for all.
Virginia Tiered Systems of Supports (VTSS) is a data-informed decision-making framework for establishing the social culture and academic and behavioral supports needed for the school to be an effective learning environment (for academics, behavior and social-emotional wellbeing) for all students.
Research and Implementation Center
Our Research and Implementation Center provides VTSS services to school divisions and develops state-level implementation supports.
Essentials elements of the VTSS framework are:
- Aligned organizational structure
- Data-informed decision-making
- Evidence-based practices
- Family, school and community partnerships
- Monitoring student progress
- Evaluation of outcomes and fidelity
Tiered Systems of Supports
We support divisions in establishing a framework of supports and evidenced-based practices with increasing levels of intensity. Divisions determine appropriate supports based on need/fit/culture.
For more information about implementing tiered systems of supports, contact Michael Gregory, VTSS Coordinator, at email@example.com or (804) 225-4543.
In the news
Here’s what local news sources are saying about our work:
- Fort Chiswell Middle program promotes positive behavior (SWVa Today)
- Schools Recognized by State Dept of Education (The Progress-Index)