Strand 3: Implementing Advanced Tiers
The Strand Three virtual training will provide division leadership opportunities to establish or enhance the implementation of the core features of advanced tiers.
Note: Documents on this page are WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant, with a few exceptions. When structure or content makes compliance difficult, we offer an additional, less robust version. Any document marked with an asterisk is visual in nature and cannot be converted to an accessibility-compliant layout. For assistance in using these documents, please contact your VTSS System Coach(es) or the webmaster.
This session will examine data-informed decision making at advanced tiers, decision rules, and teaming. Participants will have opportunities to network with colleagues from other divisions and use VTSS tools and resources during designated teamwork time.
Intended Audience: Division leadership teams who will support the implementation of advanced tiers at the school level.
- Apply the Data-Informed Decision-Making process in the context of making instructional decisions for Advanced Tiers implementation. (Matrix 2.B).
- Analyze current definitions of each tier and design aligned operational definitions for multi-tiered supports across domains for efficient implementation (Matrix 1.F).
- Coordinate collaboration with school teams to ensure fidelity and effectiveness of the meeting structures used for data-informed decision making (Matrix 2.C).
The December virtual session will allow participants to build on Data-Informed Decision-Making to make instructional decisions and ways to adopt and support interventions for students requiring support at Tiers 2 and 3. Teams will analyze their division continuum of supports that is utilized to ensure an instructional match that is culturally responsive for all learners. Teams will define how schools will be supported to analyze progress monitoring data to determine the impact of interventions and make decisions to change the level of support.
Intended Audience: Division Leadership Teams comprised of individuals who provide support to school-based coaches. Strands 1 and 2 are typically completed prior to attending Strand 3.
- Participants will provide school teams guidance for evidence-based selection of advanced tiers interventions.
- Participants will create or enhance the division continuum of supports with culturally responsive interventions matched to student instruction needs.
- Participants will define how schools will be supported to analyze progress monitoring data to determine the impact of interventions and to make decisions to change the level of support. All learning intentions are supported VTSS Implementation Matrix 1E, 1F, 3B, 3C, and 5E.
More to come!