Special Notice: Effective March 12, 2020, the trainings scheduled for March 19 and April 22 at the Holiday Inn-University Area Charlottesville, VA have been cancelled. For new directions, please scroll down to the bottom of Session 1 information below.
Exploration and Installation Series
On behalf of the Virginia Department of Education, we would like to thank you for taking the time to explore the Virginia Tiered Systems of Supports (VTSS).
VTSS is a data-driven, decision-making framework for establishing the academic, behavioral, and social-emotional supports needed for a school to be an effective learning environment for all students. The framework includes strategies and tools for meaningful family and community engagement. We hope you will explore our website to find out more about our mission, goals, and progress.
By February 3, 2020, please send in the Statement of Commitment.
Prior to attending the series, please watch the following video, Establishing Your Team.
Exploration and Installation: Session 1 (of 3)
In Session #1 of the VTSS Exploration and Installation Series we will be examining the following essential exploration questions. Do we have data that indicates a need for systemic change through a multi-tiered system of supports? Is there evidence that VTSS is effective in supporting positive student outcomes?
As a result of our learning together, Exploration Teams will:
- identify and document your exploration team members;
- clearly define VTSS;
- identify the roadmap for VTSS Implementation, our Implementation Matrix;
- identify and review the VTSS Implementation Logic, our way of work;
- identify the data you are hoping to change;
- understand the importance of family and community partnerships; and
- begin developing your vision for the work, including how VTSS adds value to existing initiatives.
To continue your training, you are now being directed to the "Self-paced Virtual E & I Series" web page for webinars and materials. Please complete all four webinars.